Sunday 5 April 2015

MSA - Statement

I have always been fond with architectural structures and landscapes since I was little. The feeling of awe I get each time I see a skyscraper is beyond words. It is mindblowing how a simple idea from an architect can produce such breathtaking buildings. The bewilderment I get everytime I see such buildings make me feel that if they can do it, I can do it too. I want to be an architect.
As a result of being in love with amazing mega structures, I try to draw them everytime I have free time. I want to try to emulate my own imaginations of my very own dream buildings. This slowly built my obsession towards arts. I was determined to venture deeper into arts as arts is also closely related to architecture. I was really fascinated how simple lines and shapes can produce such majestic masterpieces when I take the arts subject. I know that with passion and desire, anything can become a masterpiece.
As an arts lover, I always love to go to art exhibitions; the perfect place of arts. I find peace and inspiration everytime I watch other people’s works. The recent art exhibition I went to is the Malaysia Art Expo 2014. They are countless of artworks using different kinds of media and techniques. The best part is, they are also architectural sculptures and models being displayed. All of the artwork displayed in the exhibition was of undeniable quality, and it was a boost for me to succeed in this field.
Personally, I am really inspired by the Petronas Twin Towers, one of the gigantic symbols of architecture in my country, Malaysia. It was designed by Cesar Pelli, one of the most renowned architects in the world. The unique feature about this building is that the façade resembles the culture of my country, and of course because it is huge and majestic However, the building that I would like to experience personally is the 30 St Mary Axe. It has a unique yet eye-catching design and I’m sure an experience in it would be a dream come true.
With my passion and determination in arts and architecture, I am sure that Manchester School of Architecture is the place for me to achieve my dreams. With state of the art facilities, there is no doubt why MSA has become one of the largest architecture schools in the UK. Moreover, I find out that the architectural research in MSA is holistic, and is very diverse, and this can broaden my knowledge towards architecture. Undoubtedly, studying in MSA is the best choice for me to traverse through the knowledge of architecture and finally, reach my dreams.


(449 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment